Chocolate Festive Recipes
By PW Nutritionist Steph Evans
Needing a chocolate hit this festive season without breaking your diet plan? We’ve got you covered with these high protein, low calorie and low sugar recipes! The Christmas Pudding Mug Cake is even high in fibre! As always, if you make any of our recipes tag us on Instagram @proteinworld
Mince Pie Brownies
- 125g mashed sweet potato or tinned pumpkin
- 80g maple syrup
- 60g almond/peanut butter
- 3 scoops (30g) Milk Chocolate Slender Blend (or Vegan Blend)
- 25g oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 20g dark chocolate chips
- 40g mixed dried fruit
- 10g candid peel
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the sweet potato, maple syrup and almond butter until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) until fully mixed.
- Pour into the loaf tin and top with chocolate chips. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 20-30 minutes before slicing!
Calories (per serving): 195, Protein: 6.8g, Carbs: 25g, Sugar 18g, Fat: 7g, Fibre: 2.2g
Vegan Friendly Chocolate Yule Log with Protein Cream Centre
- 185g plain flour
- 40g cornflour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 100g powdered sweetener (eg. erythritol/stevia, or icing sugar)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 180ml oat milk + 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 60ml sparkling water
- 45g vegan butter, melted
Per 1/8th recipe: Calories: 217, Protein: 6.8g, Carbs: 39g, Sugar: 3g, Fat: 5.6g, Fibre: 2g
- Preheat oven to 160c and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Whisk together milk and vinegar in a jug and set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the vegan butter before adding to the milk alongside the sparkling water and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (sift if lumpy). Pour in the milk mixture and fold to combine (be careful not to overmix).
- Pour batter onto the baking tray and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes until cake is firm but still soft (overbaking will make it too difficult to roll).
- Remove and cool for 3 minutes whilst you dust a clean kitchen towel with icing sugar.
- Carefully place cake onto the towel (parchment side up), remove the parchment and roll into a tight log shape using the towel. Leave to cool in the log position.
- Mix together filling ingredients and once cake is cooled carefully unroll - spread the filling and roll again. (If it cracks, don’t worry too much as it will add to the rustic ‘log’ effect!)
Christmas Pudding Mugcake
- ¼ tsp coconut oil
- 3 scoops (41g) Mug Cake mix
- 2.5 scoops almond milk
- 1 handful dried mixed fruit
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Melt 1/4 tsp of coconut oil in a mug in the microwave.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Cook in the microwave for 50 seconds.
Calories: 232, Protein: 7.2g, Carbs: 34g, Sugar: 16g, Fat: 4.6g, Fibre: 13g
Need tailored advice? We’d love to help, get in touch! Simply email: email@example.com