Coconut Salmon Bites with Lime Dip
- 2 fresh salmons, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp Coconut oil
- Salt, pepper and lime dip
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Freshly squeezed lime Juice
- 1 chopped fresh red chili
- Per salmon bite
- Calories 57
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrates 2.5g
- Sugar 0.6 g
- Fibre 1.5g
- Fat 4g
- 1. Whisk together the flour and sea salt in a small bowl. In another small bowl whisk the egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Add the coconut to another small bowl.
- 2. Dip the chunks of salmon in the flour, second in the egg and third in the coconut. Set the pieces aside on a plate or tray while you finish the rest.
- 3. Heat the coconut oil in a medium sized non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the salmon to the hot pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning the pieces so they brown on all sides.
- 4. Remove the salmon from the pan and place them on a paper towel while you finish the rest. Add more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- 5. For the dip, simply add a pinch of salt and pepper to a small pot, add the chopped chili and squeeze a fresh lime. Mix together.
- 6. Serve the salmon with a sprinkling of chopped chilis and the salt, pepper and lime dip on the side and enjoy!
- Makes 20 bites