Recipes inspired by St Patrick's Day
Shamrocks, Leprechauns, indulgent food and all things Irish. Proudly don your greenest clothing, avoid pinchers, and dive deep into the indulgent traditions of St Patrick’s Day with these high protein recipes inspired by the celebration of Irish culture and one of the patron saints of Ireland.
St Patricks Wheatgrass Pancakes for 2
Without toppings: 207 calories, 14g protein, 30g carbs, 2.3g sugar, 2.9g fat, 3.4g fibre
- 100g Vegan Slender Pancake Mix
- 160 ml soy milk
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp wheatgrass powder
- Strawberries and icing sugar to serve
Wheatgrass is rich in iron, calcium and various vitamins with antioxidant and anti-bacterial properties. It can also help digestion and ease bloating due to it’s naturally high levels of enzymes.
- In a bowl whisk together all the pancake ingredients until smooth. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan to a medium-high heat. Spray with oil and add a spoonful of mixture to the pan. Allow to cook for 30-50 seconds before flipping and cooking for a further 30 seconds.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone, then serve with fresh strawberries and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Spinach Pizza for 2
Per half pizza: 541 calories, 30g protein, 56g carbs, 1.7g sugar, 21g fat, 4g fibre
- 160g Slender Pizza Mix
- 60g spinach
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 90 ml water
- 10g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g cheese
- Green Pepper
- Chilli Flakes, optional
Fancy getting a bit creative this St Patrick’s day? This spinach pizza looks the part but is incredibly easy to make! Using a double quantity of our pizza mix with some added spinach, this pizza will serve two of you for a healthier ‘cheat’ meal.
- Preheat oven to 180C. In a blender add the spinach with half of the water and blitz.
- In a large bowl add the pizza base mix, spinach, remaining water and olive oil. Mix to form a firm dough.
- Knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth, set aside whilst preparing the toppings. After 5 minutes has passed, roll out the dough into a large pizza base and cook in the oven for 4 minutes on either side.
- Remove base from the oven and spread the butter and crushed garlic all over. Arrange the toppings and cheese on top. Return to the oven to cook for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted and toppings have cooked.
- Sprinkle with chilli flakes, slice and enjoy!
Shamrock citrus green smoothie
285kcal, 22g protein, 35g carbs, 31g sugar, 5.2g fat, 4.5g fibre
This fruity green smoothie is full of Vitamin C, K and Potassium for an all round health boost! Enjoy with our Vanilla Ice Cream Slender Blend for that protein hit, to keep you fuller for longer until your next meal!
- Roughly chop your apple and kiwi. Add all ingredients into the blender.
- Blitz on full speed until smooth, pour into a glass and enjoy!
Treat yourself to 20% off exclusively to blog readers, use code BLOG20 Not in conjunction with any other offers, T&C's apply.