NATIONAL SPINACH DAY RECIPES
By PW Nutritionist Grace Scott
There’s a reason why spinach has been nicknamed a ‘superfood’. It’s loaded with nutrients which have a positive effect on your health, skin, bones and hair! 100g of spinach is high in fibre, keeping you feeling full, aiding digestion AND contains vitamins ranging from K, A, C, iron and calcium. We’ve incorporated spinach into some classic recipes to boost your immune system, read on!
Spinach Slender Pancakes
A Protein World classic with a twist! High protein, added greens and a sweet kick from natural honey, what more could you want?!
• 50g Slender Pancake Mix
• 50g spinach
• 1 tbsp honey
Optional Toppings: Banana/ berries/ seeds
• Calories 272kcal
• Protein 13g
• Carbohydrate 46g
• Fat 3g
• Fibre 3.5g
1. Wilt the spinach in a frying pan over a hot heat – set aside to cool
2. Make up the Slender Pancake mix according to packet instructions
3. Blend the cooled spinach and add the pancake mix – blend again until smooth
4. Make a serving of pancakes using the spinach and pancake batter
5. Top with a drizzle of honey and fruit of your choice!
Powerhouse Green Smoothie
Packed with greens and fibre, this powerhouse smoothie will keep you feeling full and healthy! For a vegan version simply swap Slender Blend for Vegan Blend!
• 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream Slender Blend
• 200ml almond milk
• 80g spinach
• ¼ cucumber (peeled and diced)
• ½ avocado
• ½ green apple (peeled and diced)
• Calories 379kcal
• Protein 29g
• Carbohydrate 19g
• Fat 19g
• Fibre 8.5g
1. Blend the spinach, cucumber, apple and avocado in a blender
2. Add the milk and Slender Blend, blitz and enjoy!
Chocolatey Nutty Spinach Smoothie
With tastes of chocolate and nuts, this smoothie will feel way more indulgent than it is! Containing high fibre, high protein and healthy fats, it’s the ultimate health kick!
• 4 scoops Milk Chocolate Slender Blend
• 150ml almond milk
• 80g spinach
• 1 banana
• 1 tbsp almond butter
• Calories 378kcal
• Protein 30g
• Carbohydrate 27g
• Fat 15g
• Fibre 8.8g
Add all ingredients to a blender, blitz and enjoy!