Christmas Inspired Festive Recipes
By PW Nutritionist Steph Evans
Okay so here at PW HQ we like to experiment with our products to see which new recipes we can create to reflect the occasion and Christmas is no exception! Think inspiration from flavours such as cranberry and brie, gingerbread and mince pies! All recipes are a source of protein which means they will keep you feeling full, less likely to snack all whilst tasting delicious!
Cranberry and Brie Stuffed Pitta Breads
Pitta breads (makes 2):
- 80g Slender Pizza Mix
- 2.5 scoops water
- 80g brie, sliced
- 4 tsp cranberry sauce
- 4 slices red onion
- Handful of rocket
- In a bowl mix together the Pizza Mix and water to form a dough. Knead for 3 minutes and let it rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half and roll out into two “pitta” bread sized circles. Heat a dry, non-stick frying pan on high.
- Add one of the pittas into the pan and lightly fry on each side until browned and puffy, turning over every 1-2 minutes to prevent burning.
- Repeat with the second pitta before slicing in half and stuffing with the sweet potato, turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Serve & enjoy immediately!
Per Serving: 32kcal, Protein: 16g, Carbs: 35g, Sugar: 7.4g, Fat: 13g, Fibre: 1.8g
- 4 scoops (50g) Slender Pancake Mix
- 100ml almond milk
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Top with 1 tsp almond butter, 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 small banana
- Mix all ingredients (minus toppings) into a bowl to form a smooth batter.
- Heat the pan with 1 tsp of oil and pour 1/2 the mixture into the pan, cook for 30 seconds & flip.
- We recommend topping with almond butter, maple syrup and banana!
Calories (with toppings): 364kcal, Protein: 15g, Carbs: 49g, Sugar: 20g, Fat: 11g, Fibre: 4.6g
Christmas apple and mince pie crumble
- 2 bramley apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 large pear, diced
- 80g mincemeat
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 50g oat flour
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g Slender Granola
- Preheat oven to 180C. Add the filling ingredients to a saucepan and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Meanwhile, rub together the flour, oil and syrup to form ‘breadcrumbs’ and mix in the granola.
- Spread over the fruit and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Serves 4-6.
Per 1/6th serving: 243kcal, Protein: 3.6g, Carbs: 34g, Sugar: 20g, Fat: 8.8g, Fibre: 6.9g
Protein Gingerbread Men
- 50 g Vanilla Whey Protein Concentrate (or Vegan Blend)
- 45g muscovado sugar
- 40g tbsp oat flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 egg whites (or 4 tbsp aquafaba)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- Preheat oven to 175C. Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in wet ingredients to form a dough.
- Roll out and cut into 6 gingerbread men. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes until golden.
Per gingerbread man: 168kcal, Protein: 8.6g, Carbs: 17g, Sugar: 11g, Fat: 7.2g, Fibre: 0.7g
Need tailored advice? We’d love to help, get in touch! Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org