Sweetcorn and Avocado fritters
- 1 Medium Avocado
- 1 Egg
- 1 Chilli (mild)
- 3 TBSp fresh Coriander
- 2 Spring onions
- 50g self raising flour
- 1 Tbsp protein world coconut oil
- 130g sweetcorn
- Salt and pepper
- 2 TBSP Fresh Lemon juice
- Whisk together the flour and egg, and then add the chopped spring onions, sweetcorn, finely chopped chilli, and fresh coriander. Mix to combine, and season generously.
- Dice the avocado, and add it to the mixture along with the lemon / lime juice. Stir gently until well mixed.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add a heaped tablespoon of the batter. Flatten it out slightly, and shape into a circle, before repeating with the remaining mixture ( you should make around 6 fritters) Depending on the size of your pan, you might need to do two batches.
- Cook over a medium-low heat for around 5 minutes, until golden brown underneath. Carefully turn the fritters with a spatula, and repeat with the other side. Serve immediately.