Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced
- ¾ cup mushrooms
- 1 tbsp PW coconut oil
- 1 tsp nutmeg
1. Add oil to large pan, fry onions until golden. Add carrots, garlic, thyme, celery and mushrooms and stir occasionally for further 4 mins.
2. Add turkey mince to the pan and break up using a spoon. Cook until the mince has turned brown. Cover and allow to simmer for 30 mins.
3. Meanwhile, boil the sweet potatoes for 20 mins. Once tender, mash with nutmeg.
4. Preheat oven to 180C.
5. Add the turkey mince mixture to an oven dish and spread the potato mixture on top.
6. Cook on the oven for 15-20 mins until the sweet potato turns golden and crisp.
7. Serve with green veggies.