40% OFF EVERYTHING! Use code: TREAT40
Sweet Potato Cottage Pie
- 1 tbsp Protein World coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 500g beef mince
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 2 large sweet potato’s, peeled, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 20g butter
- 30g feta cheese, crumbled
- Calories 259
- Protein 12g
- Carbs 34g
- Sugar 17g
- Fibre 7g
- Fat 9g
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C
- Heat coconut oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5-8 minutes or until browned.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, tomato and herbs. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas.
- Meanwhile, cook the sweet potato’s in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return to pan. Add milk and butter. Mash until smooth. Spoon beef mixture into a 5cm-deep, 6 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Top with the potato mixture, sprinkle with feta cheese and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and enjoy!
- Serves 4