Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 sweet potato, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces and boiled for 7-8 minutes until soft
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 scoops flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- whole grain burger buns
- Heat a pan with coconut oil and add the onion and garlic, cook until they start to brown.
- Put the cooked onions and garlic into a food processor or blender and add the basil - pulse several times.
- Add the Beans, sweet potato chunks and oats to the processor and pulse five or six times.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl and stir in the flaxseed (with egg/water), chili powder, cumin, sriracha and salt.
- Take a small handful of the mixture and work into patties, evenly distributing the amount
- Heat a tsp coconut oil in the frying pan and add the patties. Cook over a medium heat until all patties are browned on each side for about 6 mins then flip and repeat.
- Put the burgers on a bun and serve with salad