Steak, Broccoli And Sesame Seed Stirfry
- 1 tbsp soy/tamari sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 200g sirloin beef steak, cut into strips
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 250g tenderstem broccoli
- 3 tbsp water
- Mix the soy sauce and sesame oil in a large bowl, add the steak and toss; cover and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp. of coconut oil to a pan on a high heat and toast the sesame seeds until they start to brown, then tip them into the bowl with the steak and set aside.
- Remove the wok from the heat and wipe clean with kitchen paper. Return to the heat and add another tsp of coconut oil. Remove the steak from the marinade and quickly cook, turning from time to time, until browned on all sides and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and fry the garlic, chilli and pepper. Add the tenderstem broccoli, steak marinade and water, stir for 1 minute, until the broccoli starts to soften
- Return the steak to the wok and stir well. Divide the stir fry between two plates and drizzle with the extra soy sauce. Serve immediately.
- Serves 2