Spicy Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup (70g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (85g) chopped red bell pepper
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (3-inch) stalk lemongrass, halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp fresh chile paste
- 3 cups (720ml) chicken stock
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) light coconut milk
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 2 cups (225g) shredded cooked chicken breast (about 8 ounces)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Add coconut oil to a large saucepan pan over a medium heat and add the mushrooms, pepper, ginger, onion, garlic, and lemongrass, cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chile paste; cook 1 minute. Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, and fish sauce; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken to pan; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Discard lemongrass. Top with coriander, and juice.