Spanish Chickpeas with Spinach and Garlic
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped finely
- 2 large red peppers, deseeded and diced
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups (120g) spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (150g) cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180C.Peel the skin from the cloves then spread on parchment paper, drizzle a tbsp. coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool when finished.
- Meanwhile, add a tbsp. coconut oil to a non-stick pan over a medium heat, and add the onions, peppers and saute for 4-5 minutes or until tender and translucent. Add in the smoked paprika, cumin and chile powder, stirring for 20 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it wilts. Add in the chickpeas, cashew nuts, desiccated coconut nut and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, roasted garlic and season with salt and pepper, to taste.