Red Lentil Soup
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp PW coconut oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup red split lentils
- 850ml vegetable stock or water
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 can of chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- optional: 0% greek yogurt, to serve
- Calories 276
- Protein 13g
- Carbohydrates 30g
- Fibre 8.4g
- Fat 8.8g
Heat a large saucepan and dry fry the cumin seeds and chilli flakes for one minute (until the aromas are released)
Add the coconut oil and onion and cook for 5 minutes
Stir in the lentils, stock (or water) and tomatoes, then bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils have softened.
Blend the soup mixture with a food processor or hand blender until it is a puree, then pour back into the pan and add the chickpeas.
Heat Gently, season and stir in the coriander.