40% OFF EVERYTHING! Use code: LEAP
Raw Salted Caramel Slices
- For the base
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 3 tbsp Protein World coconut oil
- 2tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tbs. maple syrup
- FOR THE CARAMEL FILLING
- 1/2 cups dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Protein World coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- FOR THE CHOC TOPPING
- ¼ cup Protein World coconut oil
- 1tbs. cocoa powder
- 1 tbs. 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Per serving
- Calories 155
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrates 8g
- Sugar 5g
- Fibre 8g
- Fat 12g
- Line a 20 x 10 cm (8 x 4 inch) loaf tin with baking paper.
- For the base place all the base ingredients in to a food processor. Whiz until well combined, it will be a little sticky and crumbly. Press this mix in to the prepared tin, ensure it is pressed evenly and then place the tin in to the freezer for around 20 minutes
- For the caramel filling place all the caramel filling ingredients in the food processor and whiz until completely smooth (it will take around 5 minutes). Pour the mixture over the top of the base and return to the freezer.
- For the choc topping add the raw cacao, coconut oil and maple syrup in a food processor and whiz until completely smooth. Pour the choc topping over the caramel filling, shake the tin slightly to even it out. Sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt if you like things extra salty. Return to the freezer for about 1 hour or until completely set.
- Once set, cut into slices and enjoy!
- Makes 15 slices