Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Tagine
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small parsnips, or 3 large, cut into chunks
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup cous cous
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, paprika, cinnamon and mild chilli powder
- one small handfuls soft dried apricots
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 440g can Chickpeas
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Calories 539
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrates 88g
- Of which Sugar 26g
- Fibre 15g
- Fat 8g
- Of which saturates 4g
- Salt 0.09g
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Scatter the veg over a couple of baking trays, drizzle with 1 tbsp coconut oil, season, then rub the oil over the veg with your hands to coat. Roast for 30 minutes until tender and beginning to brown.
- Meanwhile, add cous cous to a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until fluffy.
- Fry the spices in 1 tbsp coconut oil– they should sizzle and start to smell aromatic. Tip in the tomatoes, chickpeas, apricots, honey and a can of water. Simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is slightly reduced and the apricots plump, then stir in the veg and some seasoning.
- Serve with couscous and enjoy!
- Serves 3