Mexican stuffed sweet potato
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup (80g) cooked black beans
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (40g) mushrooms, sliced
- 120g baby spinach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 spring onions (green part only), chopped
- fresh coriander, to taste
- sriracha or hot sauce, to taste
Zesty Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or water)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos (tamari or soy sauce would work too)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic
Per serving (with dressing)
Preheat oven to 400° F. Pierce potatoes with a fork several times and bake for about one hour or until tender.
While potatoes are baking, blend together the zesty tahini dressing. Set aside.
Sauté onion, mushrooms and peppers in a skillet in coconut oil until soft, about 3 minutes or so. Add in spinach and cook until just wilted. Remove from heat.
Remove potatoes from oven, cut open sweet potatoes, mashed each side with a fork and sprinkle on a little sea salt and pepper to season.
Load on the toppings: start with the sautéed onion and spinach mixture, then add black beans, tomatoes, avocado, spring onion and cilantro. Drizzle desired amount of zesty tahini dressing dressing over each potato. Serve immediately.