Lemon & Poppy Seed Vegan Protein Cookies
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup Protein World Vegan Blend Vanilla flavor
1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
1 cup almond milk
1/4 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup Protein World melted coconut oil
4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Zest from one lemon
2 tsp poppy seeds
Optional glaze ingredients:
1/4 cup icing sugar
2 tsp of almond milk
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven at 350F and line a cookies tray with baking paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir well.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
5. Add the lemon zests and the poppy seeds, and mix until you reach a perfectly smooth texture. The dough must be a little crumbly but should hold when shaped.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper until it is about 1cm thick. Use a round cookie cutter to cut the cookies, and place them the lined cookies tray.
7. Bake for about 8 minutes until slightly golden.
8. When baked, remove from the oven and allow to completely cool down.
9. Optional: combine the ingredients for the glaze and drizzle on your cookies.
Recipe by Alice Pages - @alicepages