40% OFF EVERYTHING! Use code: TREAT40
Italian Cauliflower Rice
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into 3-4 pieces and trimmed of green leaves
- 2 tbsp Protein World coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 mushrooms, diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- Per serving
- Calories 232
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrates 24g
- Sugar 10g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 15g
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the cauliflower pieces until they resemble rice. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a large frying pan, heat the coconut oil on a medium heat and add the garlic, onions, mushrooms and pepper. Sauté for 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and continue to sauté for another 10 minutes or until the cauliflower has completely softened. Toss in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve as an accompaniment or as your main meal.
- Serves 2