Homemade Nut Butter
- 300g almonds
- 2 tbsp Protein World coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp honey
- Vanilla extract
- Spices such as cinnamon or ginger
- Per Serving (1 tbsp)
- Calories 98
- Protein 4g
- Carbs 4g
- Sugar 1g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 12g
- Preheat the oven to 180C and roast the nuts for 10-15 minutes or until browned. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Transfer the roasted nuts to a food processor. Run it on high speed for 5-10 minutes until the almonds become grainy. Stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- After several minutes, the ground almonds will turn into a ball. After several more minutes the oil in the nuts will start to come out and the mixture will become buttery, this can take 10-20 minutes, depending on the strength of your food processor.
- Add the oil, salt and any of the optional ingredients, then continue to blend until the butter becomes smooth and creamy
- Transfer the butter to a container and refrigerate for one hour or two, this will thicken the butter slightly.
- Serve and enjoy