Healthy Marble Cookies
- 2/3 cup + 2 tbsp oats
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup medjool dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp Protein World coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- A dash of water
- Per cookie
- Calories 130
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrates 25g
- Sugar 20g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 4g
- Preheat oven to 150C
- In a food processor place the oats and desiccated coconut. Pulse until a fine powder is formed.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the cocoa and water and blend until a dough forms.
- Remove the mixture and place half in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the cocoa and water to half the mixture, stirring until well combined. (Should be doughy in texture!)
- Place the chocolate dough in between two sheets of baking paper and roll into a rectangle.
- Place the other half of the mixture between another two sheets of baking paper and roll into the same shape and size.
- Peel off the top layer of baking paper on the two sets of dough.
- Place the chocolate dough directly on top of the plain dough.
- Fold into thirds widthways and then halve lengthways. Form into a log.
- Place in a freezer for 30-35 minutes or until firm.
- Slice into biscuits using a sharp knife.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until slightly more firm but still soft.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
- Makes 12 cookies