40% OFF EVERYTHING! use code: LEAP
Healthy Carrot and Flax Crackers
- 100g ground almonds
- 60g carrot pulp or grated carrot, about 1 carrot
- 90g whole flaxseed
- 1 tsp Protein World coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder or finely grated fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Per whole recipe
- Calories 1144
- Protein 39g
- Carbs 57g
- Sugar 10g
- Fibre 40g
- Fat 94g
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients with your hands to make a dough
- Bring the dough to make a ball and roll it between 2 sheets of baking paper to 3mm thickness. When rolling out, try and roll into a neat rectangle with straight edges.
- Keeping the top layer of baking parchment in place, gently mark the dough through the paper into 5cm squares with the back of a knife, without breaking the paper. Carefully peel back the top piece of baking paper.
- Transfer the bottom layer, with the scored cracker dough, directly onto the oven shelf
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. The ones on the outside will be nicely toasted, so snap these off and put to one side. Return the rest of the crackers to the oven for a few more minutes, until toasted.
- Leave the crackers to cool for 20 minutes then enjoy with your choice of healthy dip.