- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Rashers of Smoked Streaky Bacon, finely diced
- 2 Medium Onions, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cloves of Garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 2 sticks of Celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 2 carrots, trimmed and finely diced
- 2-3 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 500g Fresh Beef Mince
- 2 Tins (400g each) Plum/Chopped Tomatoes
- Handful of Fresh Basil, plus extra for Garnish
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Medium Chilli (optional), de-seeded and finely sliced
- 6 Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- Add the coconut oil in a heavy based saucepan over a medium heat
- Add the streaky bacon and fry, stirring for 4 minutes or until crispy, lower the heat and add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots.
- Then add the rosemary and stir everything together and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the veg has softened
- Next increase the heat slightly and add the beef mince and stir until the meat is browned all over
- Stir in your tins of plums/chopped tomatoes and add the remaining herbs, tomato puree, stock cube and chilli
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half and throw them in as well.
- Give everything a stir , breaking up the plum tomatoes as you go and bring to a gentle simmer
- Reduce the heat to low-medium, put the lid on and leave for an hour or until the sauce has thickened and the mince is cooked
- Stir occasionally to making sure it doesn't stick.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with courgette spaghetti or cauliflower rice
Find our Healthy Lasagne recipe here!