Guilt Free Granola
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried berries and cherries
- Per serving
- Calories 381
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrates 31g
- Sugar 22g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 27g
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Add the almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds and shredded coconut in a food processor for blender and pulse a few times to break into small chunks.
- Place the coconut oil, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla extract in a saucepan over medium-high heat and allow to melt. Stir, then add the nut mixture and stir until the everything is fully coated.
- Spread the granola evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven, add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together firmly to form a tight, flat surface.
- Allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes or until fully hardened, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serves 5