Gooey Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Brownies
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 cup Protein World melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup spelt, or almond or coconut flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup salted natural peanut butter (smooth or creamy)
- Calories 219
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrates 23g
- Sugars 13g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 14g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 baking pan or a 12-slot standard size muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract and honey. In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients. Pour wet into dry, stir to combine, and pour into prepared pan.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the 8x8 or muffin tins and smooth the tops with a spoon or your finger.
- To the brownie pan, add dots of the peanut butter and swirl with a toothpick or knife. Sprinkle top with shaved dark chocolate.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes if using muffin tins, or 35-45 minutes if using an 8x8 dish. You want the top dry and the edges to start to pull away from the sides.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes in the pan before serving. They will be tender, so remove gently with a spatula or fork. If they're too tender, let set in the freezer to stiffen so they're easier to lift out. The insides are meant to be very fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.
- Makes 14