Crispy squid And Prawns With Chilli Jam
- 5 large red chillis, finely chopped and deseeded
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 50ml water
- salt and pepper to season
Squid and prawns
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 pieces of large squid, whole
- 16 prawns
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 limes, zest
- 100g coconut flour or almond flour
- 1 tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 lemon
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Start by combining all the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, over a medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce thickens up. Season with salt and pepper then leave to cool to thicken.
- For the squid and prawns, add the coconut oil in a medium sized frying pan and place on a medium heat.
- Wash the squid and pat dry. Slice horizontally into rings. Place the squid on to a plate along with the prawns, making sure any black bits have been removed. Finely grate over the lime zest to coat.
- Place the flour, paprika, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the prawns and squid into the flour then fry in the pan for 4-5 minutes or until golden and crispy and cooked through.
- Transfer the squid and prawns on a plate with kitchen roll to remove any excess fat. Season with salt and pepper and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice, chopped chilli, coriander and the chilli jam.