Cranberry Coconut Energy Bites
- 1 medium very ripe banana (about 1/4 cup) *
- 1/3 cup your favorite smooth nut or sun butter (slightly heated almond & peanut butter work well)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or chia seeds (or a combo of both)
- 1 cups old-fashioned or quick oats (use gluten free if necessary)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (use organic or unsweetened if watching sugar intake)
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Mix in nut butter and vanilla until smooth. *Stir in date paste, or honey / agave if using.
- Add shredded coconut, oats, chia seeds and mix until well combined. Stir in dried cranberries and add any other nuts of your choice.
- Wet hands slightly and form dough into 1" - 1.5" balls and store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Or if dough is not sticking, chill in fridge for 30 minutes prior to rolling.