Courgette Rosti With Salmon & Poached Eggs
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (about 5 cups)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup (30g) coconut flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large slices of smoked salmon, to serve
- sea salt and pepper, to season
- 2 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup (240g) wilted spinach
- Grate the courgette then add to a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Lay a clean towel and pile the grated courgette in the centre. Holding the tea towel over the sink, gather the sides together and twist them tightly until all the liquid from the courgette has run out.
- Add the courgette, coconut flour, eggs, pepper and cayenne. Stir to combine and then roll the mixture into two balls and flatten them to make thick patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat with a tbsp of coconut oil. Cook the rostis for 5-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove form the heat, transfer to a baking sheet and put them in the oven to keep warm.
- To make the poached eggs, heat a small pan of boiling water, Crack the eggs in and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the wilted spinach on a plate, followed by the rostis, spoon the poached eggs over and then top with salmon and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serves 2