Chinese Fried Chicken With Ginger And Honey
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 680g free range chicken breast, cut into strips
- Small piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- Ground black pepper
- 4-6 pak choi, halved
- 1 tsp honey, melted
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 60g cashew nuts, chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- In a large, non-stick wok, heat 1 tsp coconut oil over a medium heat and fry the ginger and garlic until lightly golden. Tip out of the pan.
- In the same wok, heat another tsp of coconut oil over a medium heat. Season the chicken with black pepper and stir fry for a few minutes on each side until brown.
- Return the ginger and garlic to the pan, add the remaining coconut oil to the pan and stir fry the pak choi for about 4-5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan, tossing everything together and stir frying for 3-4 minutes until the stir fry is a little golden from the honey.
- Serve in a bowl with a scattering of spring onion, extra cashew nutsy and a few coriander leaves to garnish.
- Serves 4