Chicken Coconut Curry
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced or chopped into cubes
- 1 small yellow or white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 15-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- salt to taste
- juice of 1 lime (plus additional lime wedges for serving)
- A handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked Brown rice, for serving
- coconut oil for cooking
- Heat a large pan or skillet and add 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Add chicken, onions, and peppers to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle yellow curry powder over chicken and veggies and continue to cook for around 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add red curry paste, coconut milk, sugar, and lime juice to pan. Stir over medium heat until sauce is begins to bubble.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, you could also add some fresh chilli here if you like
- more of a kick
- Serve with cooked brown rice and a side of veggies (we like red cabbage) and garnish with fresh, chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing on top.
If you liked this, you'll love our Chicken Green Curry!