Chicken, Chorizo And Prawn Paella
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1tsp fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 70g chorizo
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 prawns
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper, chopped and deseeded
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 cube chicken stock
- 200g paella rice
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 lemon
- Finely slice the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the onion and carrot. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs.
- Add the coconut oil into a large casserole or paella pan on a medium heat, add the garlic, onion, carrot, parsley stalks, chorizo, chicken, prawns and paprika, and fry for around 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the pepper to the pan for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir through the tomato purée and crumble in the stock cube, then add the rice and stir for a couple of minutes so it starts to suck up all that lovely flavour. Pour in 750ml of boiling water and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Pop the lid on and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir in the peas, replace the lid, and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until hot through. Chop the parsley leaves, scatter them over the paella, and serve with a squeeze of lemon.