40% OFF EVERYTHING! use code: FLASH40
Cauliflower Crusted Pizza
- For the crust
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1.2 tsp sea salt
- For the pizza topping
- 5 tbsp tomato puree
- 6-8 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced and caramelized
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ small bunch of basil, chopped
- 125g mozzarella ball
- A few pinches of chilli flakes
- Sweet red peppers, cut into chunks
- Your choice of meat (optional)
- Per slice
- Calories 121
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Sugar 5g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 6g
- Heat oven to 200C. Pulse the cauliflower chunks in a food processor until finely chopped, like rice. Transfer to a bowl and add 2 tbsp water, cover with cling film and microwave on high for 5-6 mins or until softened.
- Remove the cauliflower from the bowl and pour into a sieve, straining out the excess liquid. The more liquid you can get out of it, the crispier the crust will be.
- Mix the cauliflower with the eggs, oregano, coconut oil and salt.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and grease with oil. Mound the cauliflower mix into the centre of the tray, then use a spoon and your hands to spread out into a 30cm round. Make it a little thicker at the edges to create a ‘crust’. Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and cooked right through.
- Remove from the oven and add the toppings
- Spread the tomato puree you are using on the crust. Evenly distribute all the toppings over the sauce and return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Slice with a pizza cutter and serve.
- Makes 8 slices