Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons roasted walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoons dark pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and very thinly shredded *see tip
- 2 cups parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and allow to heat.
- Add the sprouts and lightly char, cooking to desired tenderness.
- Remove the sprouts and allow to cool.
- Whisk walnut oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add blue cheese and whisk again. Add Brussels sprouts, parsley, cranberries, onion and bacon and toss to coat.