Beef Teriyaki stir-fry
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Calories 385
- Protein 37g
- Carbs 22g
- Sugar 20g
- Fibre 3g
- Fat 15g
- Place a large wok over medium heat. Add coconut oil along with minced garlic and grated ginger.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, turn heat on low then add soy sauce, honey, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add peppers, onion and sliced mushrooms to the sauce and coat in sauce. Let cook down for about 6-8 minutes or until onion is soft.
- After the vegetables have cooked through, use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetable and set aside in a bowl.
- Increase heat to medium-high temperature and add thinly sliced flank steak to the pan. Cook steak on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetables back into the pan and incorporate with the meat.
- Serve on it's own or with brown rice