Baked Asparagus with Garlic Aioli
- For the aioli:
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- For the asparagus:
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and bottom ends trimmed
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cups Panko breadcrumbs, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Garlic aioli
- Calories 200
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrates 3g
- Sugar 0g
- Fibre 0g
- Fat 20g
- Baked asparagus (per 3)
- Calories 69
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrates 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Fibre 4g
- Fat 5g
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl or in the blender. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- The asparagus:
- Reduce the oven to 190 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the egg whites.
- In a separate shallow baking dish, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, parsley and coconut flour.
- Dip each asparagus spear in the egg mixture until it's thoroughly coated then dredge it in the breadcrumbs and coconut flour, pressing to secure them to the asparagus. Transfer the asparagus to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the breading process with the remaining asparagus, spacing them about 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Cover the asparagus with melted coconut oil and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the asparagus fries from the oven and serve them immediately with the prepared roasted garlic aioli.
- Makes 18