Bacon and Avocado Mini Beef Burgers
- 2 sweet potatoes sliced into 16 inch-thick rounds
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 400g ground beef
- 8 strips lean bacon
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed or thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp Cajun spice
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Toss the sweet potato slices in a large bowl with melted coconut oil and season until well-
- coated, then arrange on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and slightly golden brown. Remove
- from oven and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, season the ground beef with chilli powder, oregano, Cajun spice, salt and pepper and shape into patties that will be the right size to fit in between two sweet potato buns.Refrigerate the patties for 20 minutes, which will help keep their shape and size as they're cooking.
- Place the bacon on to a baking tray and cook until crispy
- Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat and cook the burgers in batches to your liking, about 2 minutes on each side for medium-rare or 10 minutes for well done. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Assemble the sliders: sweet potato, bacon, avocado, lettuce, sweet potato.