Almond Crusted Chicken In A Tomato Sauce
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- ¼ cup (25g) almond flour
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 x 400g tins chopped toms
- ¼ cup (120g) tomato puree
- 100ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- 100g buffalo mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- For the sauce, heat the coconut oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion, celery and garlic until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- When it’s boiled turn the heat right down, half cover the pan and simmer for about an hour, stir it every now and again.
- For the chicken, slice the breasts in half across the centre to give 2 flat pieces.
- Dip in egg and then the flour and fry gently in coconut oil for 5 minutes each side, then in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over sauce, then cheese and bake for 10 minutes. Serve with wilted spinach